The launch event in which Xiaomi has dropped the ace has just ended. Xiaomi Mi Mix 4 has finally been officially presented.
Xiaomi’s Mix series has always brought great innovation and this year hasn’t been outdone. Xiaomi has already surprised us with it Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, but this Mi Mix really needed.
The smartphone market suffers from innovation problems, and we were all waiting for one thing: the camera under the display. Xiaomi’s Mix series has become famous for bringing borderless smartphones to the market.
First with the camera at the bottom and not as high as usual, then it was introduced the slider and now? Obvious, the camera now switches under the display.
Obviously we are talking about a top-of-the-range smartphone in all respects, this Mi Mix 4 is beautifully bodied under the hood.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 4 design
Edges reduced to the bone, not symmetrical with the lower one thicker than the others and screen without interruptions. Really this time. As the front camera is placed in the center, below the display, under a less dense grid of pixels. But the smartphone will take advantage of the software to not let you notice this difference.
The body is built entirely of ceramic. There is no frame. The back also embraces the sides of the smartphone. Finally a true unibody design. Available in White, Black and Gray.
As for dimensions and weight we are on: 162.65mm × 75.35mm × 8.02mm, 225 grams of weight.
The camera island on the back has been made smaller than the one seen on the mi 11 Ultra. However, the aesthetic lines remain the same.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 4 technical sheet
- Screen: 6.67 “AMOLED FHD + curved with 400 PPI (1.080 x 2.340 pixels), HDR10 +, 10 BIT, Dolby Vision, 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, Gorilla Glass Victus
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Plus
- GPU: Adreno 660
- RAM: 12 GB LPPDDR5
- Internal memory: 1TB UFS 3.1
- Rear Camera:
- Main: 108 megapixels, 1 / 1.33 “Samsung HMX, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, OIS
- Wide angle: 13 megapixels
- Telephoto: 8 megapixels (up to 100x zoom in conjunction with the main)
- Front camera: 20 megapixels (below the display)
- Connectivity: dual SIM, 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, UWB, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C, infrared
- Audio: USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers by Harman Kardon
- Certification: IP68
- Battery: 4,500 mAh with 120W wired charging (0-100% in 15 minutes) and 50W wireless
- OS: Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
Xiaomi Mi Mix 4 Price and availability
As for the price and availability of this smartphone we are at:
- 4999 yuan (657 euros) for the 8/128 GB model;
- 5299 yuan (697 euros) for the 8/256 GB model;
- 5799 yuan (763 euros) for the 12/256 GB model;
- 6299 yuan (829 euros) for the 12/512 GB model.
Obviously the prices in euros you see are at the current exchange rate, but then, depending on the market, taxation will be added. Unfortunately, the company did not go too far in providing us with the presentation date. We don’t even know if it will arrive in Italy or not. Unfortunately. At this juncture, the Chinese company could and should have exposed itself a little more.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 and 5 PRO
The great protagonist of today was certainly the Mi Mix 4, but the company also presented the Mi Pad 5. This Chinese tablet promises to be very interesting with its 11 ″ 2.5K LCD display (2560 x 1600 pixels), 500 nits of maximum brightness, True Tone, Dolby vision, 120 Hz.
On the back we find a camera module similar to the one already seen on the I 11.
The design is somewhat reminiscent of the iPad, with square edges. The tablet brings with it a new version of MIUI designed specifically for tablets (will we see other tablets of the company soon?).
The battery is from 8600 mAh and enjoys fast charging a 67W for the Pro, while for the standard the battery is bigger. From 8720 mAh, but charging is slower. We stop at 33W.
To move the whole we find it Snapdragon 870 on the Pro and on the standard there is the 860 and there is no shortage of four HarmanKardon speakers.
During the presentation Xiaomi also showed us the accessories that can be purchased to complement the tablet. Like the keyboard, but there is no trackpad. Sin. And the pen, which also has an iPad-style magnetic charging slot. Too bad we didn’t see the OLED display on the Pro. But the price justifies every choice.
Availability in Italy
Xiaomi Pad 5 will be available in Italy from 23 September in the variant from 6/128 GB on mi.com and Mi Store Italia for € 399.90. From 9:00 on 23 September on mi.com it will be available at € 299.90 (for 24h while stocks last), while from 18:00 on 30 September bundled with Xiaomi Smart Pen. The latter will be available from 30 September at a price of € 99.90.