Sony has just announced the new Xperia PRO-I, the latest smartphone in the company’s flagship PRO series, successor to Xperia PRO, introduced last year and put on sale earlier this year.
The new Xperia PRO-I is the world’s first smartphone to use a 1 ″ Exmor RS image sensor with phase detection AF (autofocus), and it is the same one used in the camera RX100 VII, but optimized for smartphones.
Sony Xperia 1 III technical specifications
- 6.5 ”4K (1644 × 3840 pixels) OLED HDR display, 21: 9, 120Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, D65 bright white point, 10-bit tonal gradation, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 mobile platform, 5nm
- Adreno 660 GPU
- 12 GB of RAM
- 512 GB (UFS 3.1) of internal memory expandable up to 1 TB via microSD card
- Hybrid dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Rear camera with 12 MP 1 ″ and 24 mm Exmor RS sensor, variable aperture f / 2.0 – f / 4.0, FoV 85 °, Hybrid OIS / EIS, ZEISS Tessar Optics +12 MP 1/2 Exmor RS ultra wide angle sensor , 5 “, 124 ° + 12 MP telephoto Exmor RS, 1 / 2.9” 50 mm 2x, f / 2.4, 48 ° FoV + iToF 3D sensor, ZEISS T * coating, Real-Time Eye AF, Real- Time Tracking, Cinematography Pro “powered by CineAlta”, Videography Pro, 4K HDR video recording up to 120 fps, Optical SteadyShot with FlawlessEye, SteadyShot with intelligent active mode (5-axis stabilization), Slowmotion (720p at 120 fps), wind filter intelligent
- 8 MP front camera with 1/4 ″ Exmor RS sensor, f / 2.0, 1.12μm pixel size, 84 ° wide angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, 360 Reality Audio, 360 Reality Audio hardware decoding, 360 Spatial Sound, full-stage stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, DSEE Ultimate, stereo recording, Qualcomm aptX HD audio
- Side fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 166 x 72 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 211 g
- Water resistant (IPX5 / IPX8), dust proof (IP6X)
- Connectivity 5G (sub-6GHz) / 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS / GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 30W fast charge (USB PD), Xperia adaptive charging, Qi wireless charging, battery sharing function
- Android 11
Price and availability
Sony Xperia PRO-I will be available at the price of € 1,799 and will be released in the US, UK, France, Germany, the Netherlands and the Nordic countries in early December. It will launch in other European regions in 2022. Pre-orders will begin on October 28th.