In the event held today in India, realme launched the new realme Pad, the company’s first tablet, which on the technical specifications side does not scream a miracle.
As we had already anticipated, the first tablet from realme is equipped with a 10.4-inch WUXGA + display with an 82.5% screen-to-body ratio, it is powered by the SoC MediaTek Helio G80 with up to 4GB of RAM and runs the realme UI for Pad based on Android 11.
The tablet features an ultra-thin 6.9mm metal body, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle front camera, two noise-canceling microphones, four speakers with Dolby Atmos, Smart PA and a 7,100mAh battery with 18W fast charging and reverse charging.
Realme technical specifications Pad
- 10.4 inch WUXGA + LCD display (2000 x 1200 pixels), brightness up to 360 nit
- 12nm Octa Core MediaTek Helio G80 Processor (dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 1.8GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPU)
- ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU up to 950MHz
- 3/4/6 GB of RAM
- 32/64/256 GB of internal memory (eMMC 5.1) expandable up to 1 TB with microSD
- 8MP rear camera
- 8MP, 105 ° ultra-wide angle front camera
- Four speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio Certified, Adaptive Surround Sound, Smart PA
- Dimensions: 246.1 x 155.9 x 6.9mm
- Weight: 440 g
- 4G LTE connectivity (optional), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz / 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, GLONASS, USB 2.0 Type C
- 7,100mAh battery with 18W fast charging, reverse charging
- Android 11 with realme UI interface for Pad
As you can see from the data sheet, it is a tablet that aims at the low-end of the market, even if we still believe the use of eMMC 5.1 memories in 2021 is anachronistic.
Price and availability
The realme Pad is available in Realme Gray and Real Gold colors at a price of around € 161 for the 3/32 GB Wi-Fi version, around € 184 for the 3/32 GB LTE + Wi-Fi version and around 207 € for the 4/64 GB LTE + Wi-Fi version.
Update 15/11: The company’s first tablet will also be available in Italy at the following prices:
- 3 / 32GB – 239 euros
- 4 / 64GB – 259 euros
- 6 / 256GB – 289 euros