After announcing it in China a couple of months ago, realme has just presented the new GT Neo 2, a mid-range smartphone with really interesting specifications, also in Europe.
Let’s start with the design, one of the distinctive points of this smartphone. On the front we have a rather large panel, with very small frames and a small hole in the corner where the front camera is placed. The back is proposed in NEO Green colors, a fluorescent green color with an opaque glass finish. The Neo Blue and Neo Black colors have a finish formed by seven nano-multilayers that offer a smoother surface and a delicate luminous reflection. Scratch resistant, environmentally friendly and anti-fingerprint. Just like silk, it has a shiny appearance and a pleasant touch sensation.
Realme GT Neo 2 technical specifications
- 6.62 “Full HD + AMOLED E4 display (2400 × 1080 pixels), HDR10 +, 120Hz refresh rate, 600Hz touch sampling, brightness up to 1300 nit, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 Octa Core Mobile Platform (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa), 7nm
- Adreno 650 GPU
- 8/12 GB of LPDDR5 RAM
- 128/256 GB (UFS 3.1) of storage space
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with f / 1.8 aperture, LED flash + 8MP ultra wide angle lens from to 119 ° with f / 2.2 aperture + 2MP macro camera with f / 2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 162.9 × 75.8 × 8.6mm
- Weight: 199.8 g
- Connectivity 5G SA / NSA, dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5) / GLONASS / Navic / QZSS / Galileo, NFC, USB type C
- 5000mAh battery with 65W SuperDart Charge
- Android 11 with realme 2.0
The phone has 7932mm² aerospace diamond heat dissipation gel, 4,129mm² stainless steel VC plate, custom 3D graphene and 8-layer full-link heat dissipation structure that eliminates heat dissipation dead spots. The company claims it has heat dissipation better than 20% compared to the predecessor and can lower the temperature of the phone up to 18 ° C.
Do not miss what realme calls Tactile engine 2.0, that is a new X-axis linear motor, able to drastically improve the tactile feedback making it more reactive and powerful. In addition, there is the GT 2.0 mode, through which it will be possible to enable maximum performance with a single touch. GT 2.0 mode has been designed to optimize the gaming experience by giving a huge boost to CPU performance and touch sample rate.
Price and availability
Realme GT Neo 2 will be available in NEO Green, NEO Blue and NEO Black colors at a price of € 449 for the 8/128 GB variant and € 549 for the 12/256 GB variant.