Motorola will be one of the very first companies, together with Xiaomi, to launch a new top of the range with Qualcomm Snapdragon 898 chip. The smartphone will be announced by the end of 2021 and will be called Moto Edge X.
According to Lenovo China’s General Manager of Mobile Business, the new device will be known as Moto Edge X and it will be “infinitely powerful” and people are right to be “full of expectations”.
The Moto Edge X will be the natural successor to the Moto Edge S (which came to us as the Moto G100), Motorola’s current high-end smartphone. It is unusual to call a smartphone with Snapdragon 870 top of the range, but a real top of the range has never arrived in the course of 2021. Not even Edge 20 Pro can be defined as such, since it always uses a Snapdragon 870. The last real top of the range of the company dates back to the first half of 2020, when the Motorola Edge + with Snapdragon 865 was announced.
We still don’t know anything about the specifications of Motorola’s new top of the range, if not the chipset. We hope to find out more as the launch approaches, which should take place in December.
UPDATE 09/11: The smartphone should arrive on our market under the name of Moto Edge 30 Ultra, whose technical specifications have been leaked.
Motorola Edge X / Edge 30 Ultra Technical Specifications
- 6.67-inch Full HD + (2400 × 1080 pixels) OLED display, 144Hz, HDR10 +, 10-bit color, DCI-P3 color space, in-display fingerprint sensor
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 898 Octa Core mobile platform, 4nm
- Adreno 730 GPU
- 8/12 GB of LPDDR5 RAM
- 128/256 GB of UFS 3.1 internal memory
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP main camera with OV50A sensor, OIS + 50MP ultra-wide angle with Samsung JN1 sensor, macro mode + 12MP OV02B1B sensor
- 60MP front camera, 4K video recording
- USB Type-C audio
- Google Assistant button (global version only)
- Weight: 200 g
- Connectivity 5G SA / NSA, dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 68W fast charging
- Android 12
The Motorola Edge X is expected to be introduced in China in December, while the global launch is scheduled for January 2022 as the Edge 30 Ultra. What do you expect from the company’s next top of the range?