POCO X3 Pro is a mid-range smartphone equipped with a 6.67 ”Full HD + display, 6/8 GB of RAM and Snapdragon 860 processor. Here is everything you need if you want to have fun modding the POCO X3 Pro.
The staff of Teeech.it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Some of the procedures listed involve formatting the phone and the consequent loss of all data: it is recommended to make a backup.
Official firmware installation
- Download the official firmware and copy it to your smartphone (internal or external memory);
- Go to Settings-> About> System Update;
- Press the logo (12) about 10 times within the updater just like when unlocking developer options;
- Click on the three dot menu-> Choose upgrade package;
- Choose the zip file you just downloaded and start the installation.
Unlocking the bootloader
Before starting the modding on the POCO X3 Pro we must first of all unlock the bootloader. Let’s see how to do it.
- You will need a Mi Account, so you need to create one by going here
- Once you have the account go to your device and go to Settings / About phone
- Click repeatedly on MIUI version to enable the Developer Options
- Back in Settings, scroll down and click on Additional settings
- Select Developer options and enable three items: Developer options, OEM unlocking and USB debugging
- Click on Been Unlock Me
- Click on Add account and device, enter your Mi Account details and click on Sign In
- Now via PC go to the official website
- Click on Unlock Now; on the page that opens, click on Download Mi Unlock to download the zip file
- Unzip the zip file to a folder
- Enter the folder and start the file ; clicca on Agree and enter your Mi Account login data
- Turn off your smartphone
- Press and hold the Power button and the Volume button – to start it in Fastboot mode
- Connect it to the PC via USB cable, the writing will appear in Mi Unlock Phone connected
- Click on Unlock and then on Unlock anyway
- Once unlocking is complete, the message will appear Unlocked successfully
- Click on “Reboot phone”To restart the smartphone.
NB If you have never unlocked the bootloader of a Xiaomi smartphone, the first time you will have to wait 360 hours before you can unlock it. Unlocking the bootloader completely erases the smartphone memory.
- Download the custom recovery
- Download and install ADB and fastboot drivers
- Move the TWRP file to the ADB folder (usually “C: adb”)
- Turn off your smartphone
- Press Power + Volume Button – simultaneously to enter Fastboot mode
- Connect the smartphone to the PC
- In the folder adb hold down the Shift key, click with the right mouse button and select “Open PowerShell window here“Or”Open a command window here“;
- Type fastboot devices, following which an alphanumeric string should appear
- After that, write fastboot boot “filename” .img to start recovery
- Once in TWRP, copy the recovery .img file again
- Select “Advance”, then “Install Recovery Ramdisk”And select the file you just copied to install the recovery
- Restart your phone.
NB. When we indicate “filename” this must be replaced with the name of the downloaded recovery.
Find all the Custom ROMs for POCO X3 Pro in the appropriate thread on XDA-developers, at the moment we recommend the following:
POCO X3 Pro is compatible with the installation of the GCAM (Google Camera), so you will not need to do any additional operations. Simply install the app on your device.
Find here all our guides dedicated to modding.