Meizu today announced in China Meizu Watch, the company’s first smartwatch, which resembles the most famous Apple Watch in shape.
Meizu’s first smartwatch features a 1.78-inch AMOLED touchscreen display with over 100 dials, 2.5D Gorilla Glass protection, Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100 chip, 1GB of RAM, Android-based Flyme for Watch system and eSIM support for 4G and calls through all major operators in China.
Clearly there is no lack of a whole series of sensors for monitoring physical activity and health. In fact, we have a sensor for heart rate control that also controls abnormalities, blood oxygenation, sleep and blood pressure monitoring. It has support for 13 sports modes and GPS is also present, with the option to track the location of family members.
On the autonomy side, the company promises up to 33 hours in duration battery on 4G and can be fully charged in 45 minutes. With just 15 minutes of charging, the smartwatch offers 9 hours of use. Compatibility side, Meizu announces that it will be usable with Android, iOS and HarmonyOS smartphones.
Meizu Watch technical specifications
- 1.78 inch AMOLED screen (368 x 448 pixels), brightness up to 500 nit, Corning Gorilla Glass 2.5D
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100 platform
- 1 GB of RAM
- 8 GB of storage
- Tracking of sports, activity, sleep, heart rate and SpO2
- Accelerometer, geomagnetic sensor, heart rate sensor, SpO2 sensor, ambient light sensor, barometer
- 4G VoLTE connectivity (via eSIM), Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS + GLONASS + BEIDOU, NFC
- Size: 46 x 38.4 x 11.5 ~ 12.97mm
- Weight: 43g (without strap) / 69g (with strap)
- Loudspeaker, microphone for voice calls
- 430 mAh battery with an autonomy of up to 33 hours on 4G
- Flyme for Watch based on Android
Price and availability
Meizu Watch is available in China in black and blue with aluminum alloy frame and rubber strap at a price of 1,499 yuan (about 192 €). At the moment we don’t know if the company intends to bring this smartwatch to Europe as well.