After the announcement in China last June, the new Honor 50 and Honor 50 Lite finally arrive in Italy and yes, they have Google services!
Let’s start with the flagship model (for now) which will use a Qualcomm chip Snapdragon 778G. Design side, the front of the smartphone adopts an OLED panel curved on the sides with a hole in the center that houses the front camera. At the rear, however, we have a “dual ring” design, with two portholes in the corner that contain the various photographic sensors inside them. Drawing inspiration from the ring designs of luxury jewelry brands, the upper circle that holds the main camera is polished.
Interesting is the Frost Crystal coloring, inspired by snow crystals, which creates a dreamy diamond-like finish. In addition, the HONOR Code coloring is also available, which incorporates the “HONOR” logo on the back cover. Finally, we have the Emerald Green and Midnight Black coloring.
- 6.57-inch full HD + (2676x 1080 pixels) curved OLED display, 120Hz refresh rate, 300Hz touch sample rate, 1.07 billion colors, DCI-P3 wide color gamut
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G Octa Core Mobile Platform (4 x 2.4GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPU) at 6nm
- Adreno 642L GPU
- 8/12 GB of RAM
- 256GB of storage
- 108 MP camera, f / 1.9 + 8 MP ultra wide angle, f / 2.4 + 2 MP depth + 2 MP macro, f / 2.4
- 32 MP front camera, f / 2.2
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 159.96 × 73.76 × 7.78 mm
- Weight: 175 g
- USB Type-C audio
- Dual SIM connectivity, 5G SA / NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- 4,300mAh battery with 66W SuperCharge fast charging
- Android 11 with Magic UI 4.2
HONOR 50 Lite
HONOR 50 Lite, on the other hand, is a 4G smartphone, which is positioned on a lower market range. The smartphone has a large display with a pill-shaped hole in the corner, while on the back we find a large circular porthole positioned in the center of the body that houses the photographic compartment. The available colors will be three: Deep Sea Blue, Space Silver and Midnight.
- 6.67 ”Full HD + IPS LCD display (2376 x 1080 pixels), 120Hz refresh rate
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 octa-core processor (4 x Cortex A73 at 2.0 GHz + 4 x Cortex A53 at 1.8 GHz)
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 6/8 GB of RAM
- 128 GB of internal memory
- 64 MP rear camera, f / 1.9 + 8 MP ultra wide angle, f / 2.4 + 2 MP depth, f / 2.4 + 2 MP macro, f / 2.4
- 16 MP, f / 2.0 front camera
- 4G LTE connectivity, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, AGPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, USB Type-C, 3 audio jack, 5 mm
- Side fingerprint sensor
- 4,300mAh battery with 66W fast charging
- Android 11 with Magic UI 4.2
Price and availability
HONOR 50 will be available in pre-order from tomorrow, October 27 and will be ready for shipment from November 4, The price is € 529 for the 8/128 GB version and € 599 for the 8/256 GB version. Those who pre-order it will receive the earphones for free Honor Earbuds 2 Lite worth € 99.
HONOR 50 Lite will be available from November 18 at a price of € 299 for the 6/128 GB version.