Google has already confirmed the launch of the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro smartphones by the end of autumn, which will also be the first to use the proprietary SoC Tensor. Last week it also released new images of the two smartphones and a new teaser video.
pending the official debut, XDA has released more details on Pixel 6 Pro, revealing, for example, that the Pixel 6 series will not support Active Edge to activate the Google Assistant. The latter can still be activated by double tapping the back of the device. It will come with a AMOLED display with a resolution of 3120 x 1440 pixels with a refresh rate of 120Hz. When the Always on Display feature is on, the refresh rate can drop as low as 10 or 30Hz, but it is unclear whether this is a variable refresh rate LTPO display.
The new processor will use 2 cores at 2.8 GHz for maximum processing power, 2 cores at 2.25 GHz and 4 cores at 1.8 GHz with high energy efficiency. The GPU will be a Mali-G78 clocked at 848 MHz. Confirmed the presence of the modem Exynos 5123 for 5G connectivity and support for ultra-wide band (UWB),
Finally we come to the battery chapter, which will be 5000 mAh, but at the moment it is not clear what the wired and wireless charging speed will be. Definitely present the reverse wireless charging function.
Google Pixel 6 Pro technical specifications
- 6.71 “curved pOLED display (3120 x 1440 pixels), 120 Hz refresh rate, in-display fingerprint sensor
- Google Tensor processor (2 x 2.80 GHz + 2 x 2.25 GHz + 4 x 1.80 GHz)
- Mali-G78 848 MHz GPU
- 12 GB of LPDDR5 RAM
- 128/256/512 GB of storage
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 50MP rear camera, Samsung GN1 + 12MP ultra wide angle, Sony IMX386 + 48MP telephoto, Sony IMX586, 4X optical zoom
- 12MP front camera, Sony IMX663
- USB Type-C audio, Cirrus Logic CS35L41 amplifier, stereo speakers
- Connectivity 5G SA / NA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax (2.4 / 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, Ultra Wide Band (UWB), GPS, USB Type C 3.1 (1st generation), NFC
- 5000 mAh battery with fast charging
- Android 12