After many rumors, Google has finally announced the Google Pixel 5a 5G, the company’s new mid-range smartphone and the successor to last year’s Pixel 4a 5G.
The smartphone comes with Android 11 but will enjoy at least 3 years of OS updates and security updates. As for the design, it does not change much compared to the previous generation. We find a metal unibody design with a soft finish, as opposed to the polycarbonate of the 4th 5G and IP67 certification. The only color available is Mostly Black with forest green shades and an olive-colored power button.
Google Pixel 5a 5G technical specifications
- 6.34-inch Full HD + OLED HDR display (2400 x 1080 pixels), Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G Octa Core Mobile Platform (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPU), 7nm EUV
- Adreno 620 GPU
- 6 GB of LPDDR4X RAM
- 128 GB of memory (UFS 2.1)
- 12.2MP rear camera, f / 1.7, LED flash, OIS + 16MP ultra-wide angle at 107 °, f / 2.2
- 84 ° ultra wide angle 8MP front camera, f / 2.0
- Pixel Imprint – Rear fingerprint sensor
- Water and dust resistant (IP67)
- 3.5mm audio jack, stereo speakers, 2 microphones
- Dimensions: 154.9 x 73.7 x 7.6mm
- Weight: 185 g
- Dual SIM connectivity (nano SIM + eSIM), 5G SA / NA 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2 × 2 MIMO (2.4 / 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1, NFC
- 4,680mAh battery with 18W USB-PD 2.0 fast charging
- Android 11
Price and availability
Google Pixel 5a 5G is available for pre-order only in the United States and Japan and will be shipped starting August 26th. The selling price is $ 449.