In recent weeks, the possibility had been speculated that Samsung Galaxy S21 FE would only arrive in certain markets due to the global shortage of chips. However, it seems that in the end this will not be the case, but two versions of the smartphone with two different chips will also exist this year: Snapdragon 888 and Exynos 2100.
After appearing on Geekbench, the Exynos variant appeared on the Google Play Console with an SoC Exynos 2100, 8 GB of RAM and Full HD + resolution display. This looks like it will be the variant intended for the European market and some Asian markets.
In North America and South Korea, however, the version equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 888. Furthermore, it seems that the latter variant may also arrive on the Indian market, contrary to what usually happens with the Galaxy S series.
Likely Samsung Galaxy S21 FE technical specifications
- 6.4-inch Full HD + Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O display (2400 x 1080 pixels), 120Hz refresh rate, in-display fingerprint sensor
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Octa-Core 5nm / SoC Exynos 2100 Octa-Core 5nm Mobile Platform
- 6/8 GB of LPDDR5 RAM
- 128/256 GB of UFS internal memory
- 12MP rear camera with OIS, LED flash + 12MP ultra wide angle, f / 2.2 + telephoto, 4K 60fps recording, 8K 30fps
- 32MP front camera
- Water resistance (IP68)
- Size: 155.7 x 74.5 x 7.9 ~ 9.3mm
- Dual SIM connectivity, 5G SA / NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax (2.4 / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with 25W fast charging, 15W Qi wireless charging
- Android 11 with One UI 3.1
What do you think of this news? Would you have preferred to be able to get your hands on the Snapdragon variant of Galaxy S21 FE or are you happy with the arrival of the Exynos variant?