Google Pixel 6 Pro was launched a few weeks ago, together with its little brother Pixel 6, and is equipped with a QHD + OLED display with 120Hz refresh rate. In the last week, several reports have emerged regarding a strange display flickering problem.
The problem is particularly noticeable when the device is turned off. Pressing the power button causes the display to flash momentarily and it is unclear what exactly the device is doing. Google acknowledged the problem and announced that it is not a problem with the Pixel 6 Pro’s hardware. The problem will be corrected via a software update that will arrive in December.
Meanwhile, Google has asked users not to cyclically tap the power button when the device is off and to press the button only as long as it takes to turn the device on. Has anyone of you who managed to buy the device noticed the same display flickering problem?
Google Pixel 6 Pro technical specifications
- 6.71 “Quad HD + (3120 x 1440 pixels) pOLED LTPO curved display, HDR10 +, adaptive refresh rate 10Hz-120Hz, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Google Tensor processor (2 x Cortex-X1 2.80 GHz + 2 Cortex-A76 2.25 GHz + 4 Cortex-A55 1.80 GHz)
- Mali-G78 848 MHz GPU, Titan M2 security chip
- 12 GB of LPDDR5 RAM
- 128/256 GB of UFS 3.1 storage
- 50 MP rear camera with Samsung GN1 sensor, f / 1.85 + 12 MP ultra wide angle with Sony IMX386 sensor, f / 2.2 + 48 MP telephoto lens with Sony IMX586 sensor, 4X optical zoom, 4K video recording up to 60 fps
- 12 MP front camera with Sony IMX663 sensor, 94 ° field of view
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.9 x 75.8 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 210 gr
- Dust and water resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C audio, Cirrus Logic CS35L41 amplifier, stereo speakers
- Dual SIM connectivity (nano + eSIM) 5G SA / NA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax (2.4 / 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, Ultra Wide Band (UWB), GPS, USB Type C 3.1 (1st generation) , NFC
- 5,000mAh battery with 30W wired fast charging, 23W wireless charging
- Android 12
We remind you that the new Google Pixel 6 will be officially available in Italy only in 2022.